MOUNT KINABALU is one on the highest mountain in South-East Asia on the island of Borneo located in State of Sabah East Malaysia. It is protected as Kinabalu Park, a World Heritage Site.
First ascent: March 1851
First ascender: Hugh Low
Mountain range: Crocker Range
Day 01 : KOTA KINABALU-KINABALU PARK [D]
Arrival in Kota Kinabalu in the morning. Meet at KK Airport and transfer to Kinabalu Park. At Kinabalu Park, registered and check in Park Hostel. 6.30pm Buffet Dinner at restaurant. 9.00pm Light off.
Day 02 : KINABALU PARK-LABAN RATA [B/ Packed Lunch/D]
6.30am Buffet Breakfast at restaurant. Collect pack lunch.
7.30am Meet mountain guide, transfer to Timpohon Gate. Safety briefing and commence 5 – 6 hours climb to Laban Rata.
Check inLaban Ratanon-heated Resthouseor similar mountain hut
4.30pm – 7.30pm Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant.
9.00pm Light off.
Day 03 : LABAN RATA – SUMMIT –KINABALU PARK-KOTA KINABALU [Supper/Breakfast/Lunch]
2.00am Supper at Restaurant
2.30am Ascend to summit of Mt Kinabalu – The Lows’ Peak.
7.00am Start to descend. Breakfast at Laban Rata Restaurant.
10.30am Check out and descend to Timpohon Gate.
(Remark: surcharge imposed after 10.30am).
Take Park transport to Park HQ upon arrival at Gate. Lunch at restaurant. (Remark: packed lunch provided after 4.30pm)
Transfer to Kota Kinabalu and check inyour choice of hotel
End of the service.
On Departure day:
Pick up from hotel and transfer to airport.
Price per person in USD:
|4-5 pax (USD/pax)||6-7 pax
** Price valids until 30 Dec 2016 (low season)
– Transfer: Airport-Kinabalu Park-Kota Kinabalu city
– Transfer: Park HQ-Timpohon Gate-Park HQ
– Transfer: City- airport on departure day
– 1 night at Kinabalu Park – Grace or Rock Hostel
– 1 night at Laban Rata non heated Resthouse or similar mountain hut
– Climbing Permit & insurance
– National Park Conservation Fee
– Mountain Guides
– Meals as per itinerary
– Climbing certificate
– Service charges and 6% GST
– Complementary guidance in physical training and climbing items’ preparation
– Air Ticket
– Hotel in Kota Kinabalu (book upon request)
– Meals not stated in the itinerary
– Porter fees (rate to be advice)
– Walking stick
– Luggage storage fee (Rate to be advice)
– Any other entrance fee not mentioned above
– Travelling Personal Accident Insurance (group)
– All personal bill
– Tipping for mountain guide